Monday, September 30, 2013

Hodge Podge

Life's been crazy so blogging has gone to the wayside.  (Again)

Our upstairs bathroom didn't start because Chad's daughter fell jumping to the monkey bars and literally shattered her elbow into a million pieces.  She had emergency surgery on a Saturday, and if they don't like the way the follow up xrays look, she could possibly have surgery multiple times to correct.  Poor thing.  The good news is, it was her left arm and she is right handed.  Have to find something to be thankful for in a crap situation.

My whole family is obsessed with the following youtube videos.  I am always late to the game for this stuff, so probably you all know about these two already.  But they are both equally stuck in my head and I am not even annoyed.

A riff on Lady Gaga's poker face, only kid acceptable.

My kids laugh the hardest when he shakes his butt.


We butchered a Guinea Hen this weekend and are trying it tonight.  I am very excited to see what it tastes like.  It's usually what the serve for pheasant in fancy schmancy places.  Here's what they look like if you have no idea what I am talking about.  Most people know them as the birds in the beginning of the movie The Lion King.



And I am on a classics kick again, and read the following books, plus watched the free movies (if you belong to amazon prime click the links to view)  Love, love, love how the British do television.  Of course, it was all Jane Austen, so perhaps what I should really be saying is love, love, love Jane Austen.

2.  Emma
3. Northanger Abbey, sadly, no free version movie to watch.


That's what's happening here.  



No comments:

Post a Comment