Friday, September 13, 2013

Now What?

So after something like 7, what then?  I'm not 100% sure.  I will continue to focus on our excess in our lives and seriously pairing down things from there.

For example, Ava was being sassy and rude this morning and ripped her expandable folder apart.  Normally I would have just went out and bought another one, but this time around, she is going to have to fix it somehow and use it.  I don't care if she uses duck tape and is the most embarrassed fifth grader ever.  It's a good lesson in respecting what you have.  That folder should have lasted her all year seeing as it is made out of plastic, but instead in her anger she busted it and now there are consequences.

Something like this on all her stuff should work:

I've been trying to teach my daughter not to leave her things out, I found her bunny on my kitchen counter and she was at a sleepover, so this is the picture I texted her.  Sometimes you have to get clever when teaching kids a lesson :)

Owen can't read yet, but I am sure I can come up with some type of visual!

Anyway, I would encourage you to check out the book 7- An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess.  I really think it will change something for you.

PS- my basement bathroom is finished today!  Finally!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment