Monday, September 20, 2010

Comic Relief

So I have noticed that my postings for quite awhile have been fairly serious. Which is great and all, but I am a rom-com type movie person, not so much the serious drama type person. So. In an effort to make this blog a little more user-friendly (who wants to be depressed all the time!) I thought I would share a recent story on my son. About poop.

About a month ago, he had been complaining that his stomach had been hurting him, on and off for a couple of weeks. I didn't really think too much about it, because he has used that before to try and get out of eating things he thought were questionable. Then I finally realized that I hadn't really seen him poop in awhile. Thankfully, Miralax is now over the counter, and we saved ourselves a pricey trip to the pediatrician. I snuck it into his milk in the mornings and evenings, and in a couple of days we were rolling like normal.

Then a couple of more days happened, and rolling like normal turned into green slime, not like normal. Now that he was "fixed", it was time to stop the medicine. Of course, green slime poop made him quite squeamish on wiping himself, and now he yells "Mom, I pooped come and look at it and wipe my butt". (this post might be more than you bargained for!) I probably need to clarify why he wants me to look at it- I kept telling him every time he went poop I needed to see it so I could tell if he was doing better, that that was how mommy could tell if the medicine is working.

Unfortunately now he is still a little paranoid that his poop is going to be green, and is terrified of wiping his own butt in case it gets on him. I sort of feel like we are potty training all over. Telling him it will, in fact, be okay if poop gets on him, because that is why they invented soap. That usually does the trick, and he can get past his fear! Oh the things we do as parents!

1 comment: