Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Nothing new to report on the adoption front. :(

Our documents are still being translated. Apparently the translation of the documents takes a long time, and court happens fairly quick after that. I had thought it was the other way around. Doesn't really make a difference, but I feel better knowing that anyways.

Today a Kohl's opened up near us. I love that store. My hubby does too. He always gets his work shoes from there, and they are always the exact same ones every time. A pair in brown and a pair in black. Change is hard for some people.

Anyway, Owen and I went because Ava needed a white shirt for a leaf project and because it was a grand opening of a new store, they sent us $10 bucks free in the mail. You know how they have that awesome book/stuffed animal kiosk right by the checkouts? The one where all of the money sold goes to charities? The books right now are Dr. Seuss, hard cover for $5. Amazing deal. Owen and I grabbed the two we didn't have, looked longingly at the stuffed animals and then walked away. I always want to buy the stuffed animals with the books, but I never do because stuffed animals drive me insane and my kids like them for about 10 minutes and then they move on.

Then we were in the dressing room and Owen starts to get upset and is on the verge of tears because he doesn't want to die. I was not prepared for that from my three year old. So I gave him a huge hug and talked to him about how he knows that Jesus died and then rose again, and that even though we will all die someday, if we love God and are in his family that we will be together again in heaven too. He seems to think that he is going to die soon, so then I tried to explain how people usually live to be old and that he has a super long time. After a little bit when he calmed down and seemed like he was doing okay, he asked "What if we have go to the bathroom in heaven?" I told him that I didn't think we would probably have to do that, but he told me that he figures heaven will have toilets.

No comments:

Post a Comment