Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I know I already gave an update about how our adoption information was at the correct country. But I just wanted to state it again in case anyone reading this switched countries.

The first country embassy sent me an email today telling me that they did, in fact, forget to send our information on right away. So, if you switched countries, you may just want to confirm that your information got forwarded on to the new country.

It was nice that they sent me an email admitting their mistake.

In the meant time, while we wait for a little girl, I am starting to come down with my first fall cold. The kind where my throat is all scratchy and you know it is going to develop into something huge and yucky. I am trying to combat it by drinking large amounts of tea, but so far all it is making me do is go to the bathroom a lot.

I would gargle with salt water, which is what my hubby does, and always seems to make his cold shorter. However, gargling with salt water makes me gag. I am not sure why this is. I can gargle with other things. Plus it enevitably gets up my nose and that never feels good.

We continue to sleep with our son's blanket, but so far it is not smelling like us. It still smells like Target. I am afraid that it will skip right past smelling like Chris and I, and right on to stinkiness. And then the wonderful people who volunteered to take it to him this fall will get a smelly blanket in the mail and think that we are more than likely unfit parents. Plus I have to remember to cover it up during the day because I am afraid our crazy cat Stella will sleep on it, and then we will send a blanket to our son covered with cat scent, and I am paranoid that he may be allergic to cats.

I also got a blanket and a lovey for our little girl, even though we don't have a referral for her yet. It helps me think that perhaps she will come soon. Or at least I think about who she might be everytime I walk past it and see it.

Praying hard that this is the week for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment