Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Update on the crazy govt. stress: the National Visa Center did send my info. for the country change, however, policy apparently states that they send the change to the old country we filed with, and then that country sends it to the new country. So, I contacted both embassies to see if one has sent it, or the other received it, and haven't heard back from either of them. How rude. Don't they understand that there is a borderline crazy mom over here waiting to get this information? If I had all the money in the world I would fly to the first country, watch over someone's back until they sent it to the new country. But I don't. So my plan is to pester people as much as I can until I get an answer. :)

On to better stuff. This afternoon I read a blog that I follow, and they had just bought a blanky for their little girl they are waiting for. Their plan is to sleep with it and then send it over to her once they have a referral. I had to smile. Today was blanky day for us too.

My son and I went to Target with the intention of getting our little boy a "lovey". You know one of those teeny, blankets with some animal head attached to it. We found an adorable little monkey, then I happened to look over and see all of the matching accessories. Uh oh. I think Owen and I spent about 35 minutes in that aisle, trying to find the ones we like best. Of course they bundle them up all tight so you can only see part of the pattern. But I want to see the whole thing, so I have to admit, I am taking the ribbon and the plastic connector thing that holds it together off, so I can see what it looks like. Apparently Owen thought this was a good idea too, because I wasn't paying attention and he had a blanket out of its wrappings. (I bet Target hates people like me!) I have to admit these blankets are so soft, it makes me feel like the blankets I had for our other two kids were made out of burlap!

I couldn't decide between two of the blankets, so I got both. My plan was to have Chris help me pick out which one to keep. But then on the way home, I thought we could sleep with one now, and send it to him. And then sleep with the other until he comes home, that way he has two blanekts that smell like mom and dad. We'll have to see if I can swing that excuse to keep both with Chris. We also got matching receiving blanekts, which I love to use for burp/throw up cloths.

I managed to stop myself from drifting over to the pacifiers and picking out cool ones for him. I got the "bling" pacifiers for Owen, but then they became the only type he wanted, and apparently they weren't a huge hit with the majority of the population, because all of a sudden I couldn't find them anymore and I started to panic.

Probably I won't buy too many more things for him. I don't think I could handle having to return all of the items we so carefully picked out for him if, God forbid, something should happen and we not bring him home. But it does lend another level of excitement to it.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you found something to sleep with :) Also, regarding the pacifier, do you think your son will take one? I just assumed they probably didn't use them there and I've never read about it or anything but I figured that if you didn't start it when they were having the strong sucking reflex then they wouldn't care too much about it. How old will he be when he gets home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shawny,

    I don't really think he will take a pacifier, but I feel like I need to have everything "just in case!" He is 3 weeks old right now, so we think he will be between 4-6 months by the time we are home with him. I feel like I need to shoot for a longer time so I am not disappointed at delays. Secretly hoping for the shorter end of that time frame!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure hope it's sooner rather than later!!!

    ReplyDelete