Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I broke the kitchen faucet last night. Que water all over the place. It went something like this: We have one of those great faucets with the head piece that pulls out, so we can fill things up with water that are resting on the counter if we wanted to. I needed to quickly thaw some shrimp, so I tried to turn the faucet. Apparently I am much stronger than I thought, because I snapped the head right off. (my hubby said there was probably calcium built up, not that I wonderwoman) Water shot out at me full force right in the face. For a second I panicked because I didn't know where the main water shut-off is, but then I calmed down and realized all I had to do was turn the sink handle off.

So here I am, trying to cook supper, with water all over the kitchen. It even shot into the living room, which I was not aware of for over an hour because I was cleaning up the kitchen. It's when I almost biffed it on the wood floors that I realized there was water there too.

My hubby came home and looked at it, then got some gunk on his fingers, and decided to rinse them off. In the kitchen sink. Round two of water all over the place. This time it was funny because I got to see Chris get drenched!

I had a meeting last night, so Chris took the kids on an emergency run to Mendards, where we spent a lot more than we thought we would have to to get a new faucet. They got back late, the faucet didn't get in, so I am now washing dishes in the bathtub. Well, actually in a huge bowl in the bathtub. Washing them in the bathtub would be gross.

Let me just say how much I appreciate a sink with working, running water.

1 comment: