Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Blogger Burnout and General Tiredness

Have to admit that I am just plain old tired. This doesn't exactly contribute to good blogging. More like no blogging at all. I probably wouldn't even have blogged this post, but mostly a guilty conscience kicked in.

You see, life has been crazy, and not necessarily in a good way. I am going through a time in my life where my kids are driving me up a wall. A time where although I love them, I don't really like them a whole lot right now. Mostly, to be honest, it's Moyz. He is going through a faze where all he wants is me to hold him and if anyone gets near and bugs him in any way, shape or form, he will scream and scream in this high pitched, makes me want to bang my head against a wall, scream. I cannot hold him all day long, it's like a rerun of Kembia in her early days. I am not sure I have the strength to deal with it again. And of course, in typical fashion, it is only with me. Not around Chris or anyone else who may happen to pass his way.

We had an extended family birthday party for Ava and Owen this past weekend and he was fine. But if he could see me, he would freak out and want to be near me and would yell and all that crap that I just can't handle right now. But as soon as he was in a different room away from me he was okay.

Right now, as I type this, he is hitting my leg for me to lift him up and I am not picking him up because then I can't type well. So he is screaming and yelling and generally being unhappy. Ah, the struggles of meeting his needs and also teaching him he can't have what he wants 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. What a fine line with a child coming from an orphanage.

1 comment:

  1. I know it's hard and likely making you pull out your hair - but he needs you right now. Unfortunately... it's just all part of that attachment process. There is no set timeline with these things. Is there anyone that can come give you a hand with the other kids so you can attend to him?

    ReplyDelete