Thursday, February 9, 2012

Owen

So Owen informed me this morning that he was not going to get married and have kids because "kids are annoying". I have no idea where he would come up with something so ludicrous! I mean he lives in the calmest house I know and there is never anything going on here!

And then two seconds later he informed me "besides, I only like girls with lip gloss." When I asked him why he only like girls with lip gloss he told me "because it makes them look pretty." Can't argue with that.

Of course, I had to ask him who he thought was the prettiest girl he knew. I was kind of torn asking him because he is only 5, but I couldn't pass up the moment. And do you know what he said? He said the prettiest girl he knew was "the littlest girl from the family that adopted 5 kids from Ethiopia and we played with." For real. I am so proud of him! My little white boy, raised in a white house with white friends in a white town thinks the prettiest girl he knows is a black girl! Take that all you giant racists or anti-biracial couples out there! That is that kind of world I want for my kids, that they can think a girl is cute and it doesn't matter what color her skin is, because to Owen IT DOESN'T MATTER!!

Okay, so now I will go back to telling Owen that he is too young to date!

No comments:

Post a Comment