Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Naughtiness and Duct Tape

Ava and Owen were doing the dishes on Saturday morning.  They can have issues getting along.  I sat at the kitchen table and watched them hit and kick each other, and then one said "I wish you were dead", to which the other replied "I wish you were dead!"  I was a little peeved.

So I ran downstairs and grabbed a roll of duct tape.  And we duct taped Ava and Owen together at the arms over their sweaters, and around the calves over their pants.  We explained to them about how we should never wish the other person dead and that they would miss each other terribly, and because they couldn't get along they now had to be forced to be together and figure out how to make it work.

They overheard me telling Chris that I thought they should stay taped together when I went to someone's house for a couple of hours.  This sent them into a fit of crying that pretty much lasted as long as they were taped together.  (About 40 minutes.)  We made them fold laundry and pick up stuff around the house as one unit.

I almost couldn't handle watching them!  I had to leave the room and laugh.  There is a good chance that this punishment is going to stick with them and be a good reminder as demonstrated in the following picture:





3 comments:

  1. This is just too funny! The sad thing is, if I did this to my kids, they would probably like it!

    (Glad your back in camera action!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know you but I've been following your blog for quite some tme. We are also adopting from the Congo but are still waiting for a referral. Anyway, I decided to break my blog silence to comment on this post. I laughed really hard when I read this! It even momentarily crossed my mind that I should try this with our 3 and 2 yr old but then I realized they are too young :( Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete