Thursday, March 1, 2012

Courageous

Hubby and I watched the movie Courageous last night.  We wanted to go and see it in the theater, but we couldn't have anyone watch Moyz and Kembia so no go.  But now it's out on DVD and we rented it from redbox which I absolutely love.

Anyway, the movie was really, really good.  As in, it made me want to be a better parent to my kids about 20 minutes into it.  I will warn you, this is a crying movie.  Or at least it is a crying movie if you are a crying type of person like I am.  Probably most of you have seen it already because you are not hermits like I am, but if you haven't, or don't know about it, the premise is that it is about these 4 men and becoming the fathers that God intended them to be.  It really stressed what happens to kids if they don't have their father in their life and how that can correspond with problems down the road.  The people who made this movie also made Fireproof and Facing the Giants, both of which I highly recommend as well.  We will definitely be going out and buying this movie.  It is rated PG 13 so watch it before you let your kids see it.  The rating is due to drugs, and the fact that the men are all police officers so there is all of the things that naturally come along with that, although no swearing or gory scenes.

And I recommend you watch it even if you don't believe in any of that God "stuff".  Because it is an absolutely great picture of how a father (and mother) should be to their kids.

P.S.  We found Owen's first crab.  He crawled into a vest that was in the hall by the bedroom and then someone stepped on him.  At least it was probably a fast death.

No comments:

Post a Comment