Saturday, March 31, 2012

Wishing I had some water

Okay, so I may have poked fun about a week ago at people who were prepared for all sorts of various emergencies that could arise at some point in their life.  And while I do think that some of them (perhaps many) have taken things a bit too far, I have to eat my words just a little bit.

On Thursday, my father in law and hubby were running some lines for the dishwasher and doing other various type things like that of which I have no knowledge.  This went on for several hours.  During which the water was turned off and we had none.  And of course, wouldn't you know, every kid in my house had to pee or poop or do both.  I will include myself in this because I had a bunch of iced tea.  We drank all the water from the fridge and were left with nothing.  Nothing to drink, nothing to flush with, zip, zilch, nothing.

And I swear to you, the first thing that popped into my head after the annoyance with everyone needing to pee, was that "those crazy survivalists would have been just fine".  And I desperately wished that I had some stored water around the house somewhere.

Okay, so maybe it wasn't such a huge deal to drive to the nearest gas station to borrow their bathroom, but it did make me feel like I was unable to handle a real emergency.  Thankfully, we got the water back on that night and it all worked out okay!  I am sincerely hoping that I don't start to get survivalist tendencies "just in case", it's easy to think , yeah, I should have some of x, y, and z to be prepared, but I think easy as well to cross over to the crazy.

If I start talking about the best types of guns and ammo to store around your house, someone stop me!

No comments:

Post a Comment