Friday, September 14, 2012

My Personality Test Results

Someone in my circle (can't remember who!) recently said they like personality tests, and seeing as I have to pack up all my kids plus Chris to head north for hunting tomorrow, and myself plus Owen to Iowa tomorrow for a last minute mother-son retreat (seriously last minute, I made the decision about 1 hour ago and we leave tomorrow, oh and I wrote this Thursday night just in case you are as thoroughly confused about times and dates as I am.), I thought, "self, you have nothing on your agenda right now wink, wink, why don't you stop what you are doing and take a personality test?"

Specifically this one:  Personality Test

It only takes a couple of minutes to answer 72 questions, so do it, because it is so much fun!

Here are my results:  ENFP

Which means that I am an: Extrovert, Intuition, Feeling and Perception type of person

This is what I have been my whole entire life, but it is still fun to take these and read about yourself.  Because you never know if you have changed.  Chris has.  (When I met him he was a bonified introvert.  But his job over the last 10 years has demanded a lot from him in terms of public speaking, and I think he would now be considered an extrovert, albeit more towards the introvert type of extrovert.)  And I have to admit, it is spot on.  Which is kind of freaky and fun all at the same time.  And I even answered some questions that I would have probably answered differently when I was younger and I still ended up the same way.  How consistent of me!

Here are some traits about myself according to psychological experts.

I primarily take things in intuitionally.  I am very bright and full of potential.  I am good at most things that interest me, however, to many people I may look directionless because I move from thing to thing alarmingly fast.  I am constantly aware and somewhat fearful of losing touch with my true self.  I need to specifically take time on focusing and finishing my projects (can I just say how much this particular one is true!).  I start a million projects and then only finish very few of them. Unlike the other extroverts, I need time by myself (big amen to this one!).  I place no importance on detailed, maintenance-type tasks, and will frequently remain oblivous to these types of concerns, and this can be frustrated for anyone married to one.  I think I can hear Chris nodding his head through space!  Remember my pictures of crap all over any free space in my house?  Because they are so alert and sensitive, constantly scanning their environments, ENFPs often suffer from muscle tension- and I do complain about this a lot to Chris, but I have never linked it to the fact that I may be slightly hypervigilant. They have a strong need to be independent, and resist being controlled or labelled. ENFPs are charming, ingenuous, risk-taking, sensitive, people-oriented individuals with capabilities ranging across a broad spectrum.  We are only about 3-4% of the population.  Is it bad to say I like that?  

And here is a giant list of things attributed to ENFPs:

outgoing, social, disorganized, easily talked into doing silly things, spontaneous, wild and crazy, acts without thinking, good at getting people to have fun, pleasure seeking, irresponsible, physically affectionate, risk taker, thrill seeker, likely to have or want a tattoo, adventurous, unprepared, attention seeking, hyperactive, irrational, loves crowds, rule breaker, prone to losing things, seductive, easily distracted, open, revealing, comfortable in unfamiliar situations, attracted to strange things, non punctual, likes to stand out, likes to try new things, fun seeker, unconventional, energetic, impulsive, empathetic, dangerous, loving, attachment prone, prone to fantasy

I will not mention how many of the above characteristics I think accurately describe me.  I will however, mention that it is most of them.

And then there is the down side to us:  An ENFP who has "gone wrong" may be quite manipulative and very good it.  See below.  Plus, we can be fun parents, but often confusing to our kids because they don't always understand where our rules come from and how we function.  Hmm.  Maybe that is why Owen is so absolute about rules?

Here are some examples of famous ENFPs

Dr. Seuss (can't remember his real name)
Bill Cosby 
Meg Ryan
Sandra Bullock
Ellen DeGeneres
Robert Downey Jr.
Will Smith
Ralph Nader (leader of the Green Party in case you're like who?)

And here we go for the "bad" ENFPs

Fidel Castro, Cuba
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Iran
Muammar Gaddafi, Libya

Have to admit that is a group of ENFPs gone bad if I ever did see one.  But I promise that when I run my own country I will not turn into a tyrannical, oppressive dictator leader.  Also, Che Guevera is an ENFP but I don't know enough about history to know if he belongs on the good list with Dr. Seuss or the bad list with Ahmadinejad.

The funny thing is that I thought I read some where that ENFPs are usually more often women, but in the examples that I could find their were way more men then females.  By lots and lots and lots.  Hmmm. 

Anyway, that's a fun note to end my week on.  What are you?

PS- I made Chris look at this last night as well as take the test too, and he got a ESTJ, but the E was almost I.  Did I call it or what?  Completely opposite, and totally spot on.  It was fun to read all of his left-brained, analyze the crap out of everything, not in touch with his feelings stuff.  Also, he thought the first paragraph about "me" was spot on, but that the giant list of stuff was a little sensationalized even though he also thought it was mostly right.  And for the record, Chris didn't have any dictators that fell into his personality.  He had Billy Graham, and another evangelist.  
(Most of his people I didn't recognize, but he also had Hillary Clinton and Michele Obama.) He gets two really well-rounded people and I get dictators.  I am slightly alarmed at what this means for me.

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing about people's myer briggs. I'm an ENTJ. Don't worry, my list has a lot of dictators too (in particular Hitler...the worst one ever). :)

    ReplyDelete