Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Day of Home School

So I just finished our first day of home school with Ava.  It took 3 hours, but we didn't get to do Spanish because we couldn't access it online.  I am told that 3 hours for our first day minus Spanish is really pretty good.  But I think they might be lying because my girlfriend did her 3 kids in the same amount of time.

And I may or may not have threatened to send Ava back to public school in the first 45 minutes of the day.  That is why when I called Chris to let him know how it was going he said "remember to have lots and lots of patience".

Owen went to his first day of Kindergarten, (at school, not at home) and I had little tears as he got on the bus, but I soon got over it because the babies were all yelling that they were hungry except for Truitt who was yelling because he crapped his pants.

I know I promised the slipcover tutorial today, but I have to break that.  I have all the pictures and it's done, but I need to get them off my camera and into blogger and that will take me awhile now that I am teaching school to a 4th grader.  Who on her very first day of science had to learn all about ecosystems and learned words like biome (which blogger doesn't think is a word) and biosphere.

This is seriously like another job.  I am not sure what I was thinking it was going to be like, but we'll see how it goes.

Homeschooling

1 comment:

  1. You did awesome on your first day of school!!!! Welcome to the world of homeschooling. It's going to be a great year!!!

    ReplyDelete