Remember this snake?
It's the one we shot at my Uncle's home and then Chris ate. Anyway, we kept the skin after we tanned it, and also kept the head in a glass container with water. I think Chris was hoping to do something with it, but it's just sat on top of a dresser in our basement.
We heard this huge crash and Ava started screaming and screaming. My first thought was that she got some glass into her foot. But then she started yelling something about a snake and it didn't make any sense. Turns out she accidentally knocked the glass container with the snake head off the dresser and when it hit the floor, the snake head bounced up and landed on her foot. I ran downstairs as Chris was coming up with her. The smell was completely disgusting. Ava took a shower because we didn't know how much venom had been in the snake or if it was something to worry about (there's a tribe that dries snake venom and uses it in their tattoos to help promote resistance to snake bites). And Chris very sweetly cleaned up the mess.
I have to admit seeing a splattered snake head sort of melted on our basement floor may have induced a little gag reflex in me.
What a way to start off the week. I do wonder what it would be like to be a calm family. Where things just move along smoothly and nothing exciting ever happens. Probably mostly boring.