Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Sad But True


I bought some of the gorgeous children's books I showed you a couple of weeks ago.  I got Anne of Green Gables,  Peter Pan, Wizard of Oz, Wind in the Willows and the Secret Garden.

And I need to come clean.  Remember how I said that I didn't know Peter Pan was a kid's book?  I also didn't know that about the Wizard of Oz.  Apparently, my education was sorely lacking in the English area.  I did, however, watch the movie, so I am just going to roll with fact that I have the general idea of how Wizard of Oz goes!

And, late as usual, given that we only watch PBS, I heard about Oz, The Great and Powerful coming out on March 8th.

Totally going.

And here's the trailer for all of our benefit




Also along the sad but true line, I just read for the first time, Anne of Green Gables.


I sort of feel like I failed in the "read this while you are still a kid" category.  I remember watching the movie on PBS, and loved it, especially when she cracks her slate over Gilbert's head.  And the part where she floats down the river and Gilbert saves her, but have never read the book.  How sad.  I immediately went to our local library to get the movies, and I am on a waiting list.  Apparently there are a lot of other women out there having the same fond memories that I had growing up.

Then I downloaded most of the books on my kindle so I can keep reading the series of Anne books, none of which I recall reading as a child either.  And all of which I will be pushing Ava to read.

Once she finishes The Secret Garden.



No comments:

Post a Comment