Friday, July 15, 2011

Day 5

No exit letter. We were hoping, but not expecting, so not too big of a disappointment. Looks like they will continue to stay there through some part of next week.

Today is our little girl's first birthday! The majority of her day consisted of getting all of her hair cut off and being de-liced. Gross. Then, they read that the medicine they have to treat scabies also treats lice in kids over 2 months. So, after spending literally hours de-licing her until the point that they felt they couldn't really see anymore, they put the medicine on her head, left it for ten minutes and then went to rinse it out. At which point they said it seemed like hundreds of lice/nits still came out of her head!

I have to be honest here, I am not looking forward to the lice that almost guaranteed will be coming into my home. Both Ava and I have long hair. I'm not too worried about the boys and Chris, but oh my word. I am starting to panic! Trying to put a positive spin on it, perhaps this will all help those in my family with a fear of spiders. Because heck, if we can all de-lice each other and touch those bad boys, spiders should be nothing! By the way, google lice and see what the parasites look like! Ew!

No comments:

Post a Comment