Friday, May 25, 2012

Week 3 Update

Down 8 pounds.  Yeah!  I am very happy with that.  I was sort of hoping that the 8 pounds would come off my hips and thighs which is my numero uno trouble spot, but it appears that it's coming off my arms and the upper part of my stomach.  But I'll take it.

One thing I have noticed is that if I am too lazy to take the time and cook something and then therefore postpone lunch until I am absolutely starving, it is a different type of hungry.  Instead of the sugar crashing hungry, it's just hungry.  This I am super thankful for.  I know that I have talked a little bit about being hypoglycemic, but eating like this has really changed the way my body reacts to sugars.  I love not crashing throughout the day.

Before when I would have crashes the easiest way to deal with it was to quick drink some type of sugary pop.  And since Coke (regular, never diet) was my favorite way to drink calories, it always worked out well for me!  Do I miss Coke?  Yes, sad to say I still do, but I don't have any cravings for it.  But now I no longer have the crazy cycle of sugar crashing, drink something sugary and have it crash again.  It's quite nice.

I have no idea how many calories a day I am eating, I haven't been keeping track at all.  At first I would venture to say not a whole lot given the majority of my diet is veggies and fruit.  But then I always add olive oil when I am cooking, and there are lots of calories in oil, so I am probably getting more than I realize.  Plus I don't restrict myself from eating at all.  If I am hungry, I eat something.

Two days ago for lunch I had an entire avocado that I turned into guacamole and ate that.  And I am pretty sure that avocado has some serious calories, and if not, for sure some serious fat.  It was seriously yummy, and I will definitely be repeating that, probably today.

I am going to try and stick with this until my crazy canoe trip at the end of June, beginning of July.  Because it will not be easy to eat that way on the trip.  Fresh fruit and veggies are a little hard to keep nice and fresh and not smashed on a 100 mile canoe trip.  And even though we will be eating some rationed food, it will be things along the lines of noodles and carb heavy things.  I believe we are even going to go the MRE route for several meals, and you know those aren't all that great for you.

Hope you all have a great Memorial weekend.  It is supposed to rain here the majority of it, and although I would love to go camping one Memorial weekend, that would require planning, something that I seriously lack in my life right now.  Plus I am not sure that the rest of the campground would be excited if we showed up with our tribe and tented next to them.  Actually, now that I am thinking about it, tenting with 3 kids under 2 doesn't really sound all that fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment