Thursday, October 4, 2012

Awesome Things From Around The Web

While killing time instead of doing what I was supposed to be doing: scraping Israeli couscous out of my rug under the kitchen table thanks to three very naughty toddlers, I thought I would compile a short list of awesome things I have seen lately.

1. I got my Restoration Hardware catalog quite awhile ago, and while I love almost everything in it, this piece spoke to me.  Like literally the clouds parted and the angels started singing the hallelujah chorus.  The combination of rustic with those pulls totally rocks my world.  Think of all the stuff I could put in those drawers....



And then I saw the price, $1300 and peed my pants a little.  And over time I forgot about it.

But then one day while stumbling around the internet I came across this blog  The House of Wood.  Her blog is new to me, but I think I am going to become a regular.  She made a version of this.  Here it is below.



What an amazing job.  It cost $350 which almost puts it in my price range. Almost.  Problem is I don't have the room for it, but I think I would rearrange a lot of things to get it here.  Please go and see the how to:  The House of Wood

2. Homemade Pumpkin Steamer with Homemade Pumpkin Creamer (say that 3 times fast)

pumpkin steamer, pumpkin coffee creamer

Could anything else sum up autumn/fall (why are there two names?) better then this picture?  For the recipe go to the blog The Proper Pinwheel.  And then maybe I could stop dumping money down the toilet buying McDonald's mochas.

3.  Infinity Scarf Tutorial


Okay, so I realize that the infinity scarf isn't anything new, and perhaps a tutorial seems unnecessary (you just sew it together, right?) however, if you are like myself, visuals make it all good.  Plus, a plaid infinity scarf would go fantastic with my pumpkin steamer.  And my gray wool jacket that I bought in August because it was an amazing price and I figured it would be sold out by the time I actually need it.  Go here to loop it up:

4.  The blog Camp Patton

Camp Patton
A friend told me about this blog.  I have no idea how she found it, but this woman is hi-la-ri-ous.  I am talking laugh a ton until there are tears in your eyes.  Seriously, you should check it out.  She is pregnant with her third and her other two littles are still quite, well, little.  Plus hubs is an ob/gyn in what I think is his residency.  And I absolutely love the fact that I have stumbled across another woman who takes her kids to Target when hubby is away for her own piece of mind.  

5.  The blog Pinterest You Are Drunk

If the title of the blog doesn't tip you off to the subjects then let me expound upon it a bit:

This may be the first cupcake that I don't want to eat.

A hilarious website to see what happens when people go crazy and then pin it.

Remember way back in school when you thought it was amazing to play Oregon Trail?  The internet has come a long way, baby.

2 comments:

  1. When I saw that chest of drawers and your excitement about everything you could put in it...I heard a little chorus of "hoarder, hooooaaarder." :) It's like a hoarder's dream cabinet. LOL. (Just kidding- it's awesome and would be super helpful to organize lots of stuff).

    I found Camp Patton when she was featured on Ain't No Mom Jeans. You need to check that one out, too. It's one of my favorites. www.ain'tnomomjeans.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoarder may have echoed through my head just a tad. But if I had this in my house it would only by well-organized, necessary hoarded items. Scout's honor.

    ReplyDelete