Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Turn Me On Wednesday (I know, Tuesday was yesterday, but I forgot)

Seeing as I tried to start a normal thing where I post what I like and then pretty much have sucked it up at keeping up at it, I promise to try a little harder.  I do have one friend who says she really likes these, so for her I will keep on truckin'!

Here's what I have seen that is new.

1.  Mahogany Teakwood Bath and Body Works scent plug in
Mahogany Teakwood 14.5 oz. 3-Wick Candle - Slatkin & Co. - Bath & Body Works
I apologize for the humongous gaps around this, I couldn't fix it, and yes, I know that this is a picture of the candle and not the scent plug in.  The scent plug in was so boring to look at and I really wanted the candle but it costs $19.50 and was out of my budget.  But the scent thing was only $6.50 so I had to go with that.  I love this smell.  It is more masculine, which I tend to be drawn to.  I saw it over on In the Fun Lane, and she said that it smelled exactly like Abercrombie and Fitch, which I can't really say since I don't go into that store, but since the kidlets and I were out and about yesterday we stopped in and brought it home.  FYI, B&B Works is probably not the best place to bring 5 kids when they have all of their fall candles out.  Candles in glass containers.  Enough said.  

2.  Axe Men's antiperspirant in Anarcy

AXE DRY Antiperspirant & Deodorant Invisible Solid, Anarchy
Keeping with more masculine scents, and I promise I didn't do it on purpose, I recently bought this antiperspirant for myself.  I wanted something for when I couldn't get my clinical strength on fast enough and I found this.  I swear that men's deodorant works better on me then women's.  And again, I love this smell.  Poor Chris, he hates that I am wearing men's deodorant.  For whatever reason it is just hard on him.  He always imagined that he would marry someone dainty and super feminine growing up.  I wish you could hear how hard I am laughing right now.

3.  The Art of Instruction
The Art of Instruction: Vintage Educational Charts from the 19th and 20th Centuries

To prove that I am not a complete tomboy I present this beautiful book to you.  I am obsessed with vintage (or new) educational charts, mostly of the botanical variety.  And while I would really love one of these from the Evolution store mainly because they are huge and would be an awesome focal point, they are so far out of my budget at $198, it almost makes me cry.  However, almost all of the ones at the store are in this book, just much smaller.  So I am going to take apart the book and frame and hang several of them.  A good alternative if I do say so myself.  Especially since the entire book is only $22.40 at Amazon.

Here are some of the pictures up close of prints in my house and then how they look from afar.  My only regret is that perhaps the frames are a little too small for the wall, but that can be changed in the future.







Okay, no pretty picture for this one, and many of you probably already know about this, but I am always slow to the game especially when it comes to internet, tv, technology, etc.  Anyway, at this site you can watch new tv shows and have all the episodes right at your fingertips.  This works great for me in several ways.  One, I don't generally have time at night to watch tv, but I can do it during the day when the babies nap.  And two, even if I did have time at night, not every thing in a show is child-appropriate and we are very cautious with what we allow our kids to watch, so I don't have to worry about them coming in at the wrong time or the commercials which are very often inappropriate.  Remember last spring when I watched 22 episodes of Once Upon A Time in one week?  All on hulu.  This time around for Season 2, I will go once per week, like I should. 


That's about it for this week.  Once again, I feel like I had a fifth thing, but I cannot for the life of me remember what it was.

1 comment: