Wednesday, December 11, 2013

What I Am Giving For Christmas

If you are related to me, stop now or risk knowing what you are getting for Christmas.

Christmas
Filler picture so you don't see what you are getting if you are related to me on Chris' side.  But the saying is true, and the "more" would be Jesus.

Okay, if you are related to me and still here, shame on you!  (I probably would have kept looking too!).  We celebrated Christmas with my side last weekend.  My kids were spoiled rotten, had a blast swimming in a hotel pool, and now we are dealing with new toys in, old toys out issues.

Chris' family Christmas is coming up the weekend before the actual Christmas Day.  And it is getting harder and harder for me to figure out what to get everyone.  So this year, I am making treats.  Everyone loves something yummy, but rarely takes the time to make it.  And the last thing any of us need is more stuff to store and find a place for.

But food, hey, eating is my favorite thing of all time, with the exception of traveling, but then you usually combine traveling and eating anyway....

Here are some ideas I am kicking around.

1.  Peppermint Layer Cake with Candy Cane Frosting

Picture of Peppermint Layer Cake with Candy Cane Frosting Recipe
I got this one out of my FoodNetwork magazine.  I am so excited to make this!  And isn't it so pretty?

2.  Peppermint Bark Pretzels


It doesn't get much easier than melting chocolate in the microwave and pouring over pretzels.  This one is a favorite from when I was a child.

3.  Rocky Road Bark  (No bake!)


Yum, and you don't have to bake a thing.

4.  Oreo Cookie Truffles

oreo truffles


5.  Pretzel Sticks Dipped in Chocolate

Pretzels sticks dipped in chocolate sprinkled with crushed peppermints.
Pretty self explanatory, thus no link to recipe.

6.  Candy Canes Dipped in Chocolate

http://data.whicdn.com/images/20136874/tumblr_lvca9dZl8e1qe7vz2o1_500_large.jpg
Ditto with these- no recipe needed, and wouldn't they be great with coffee or hot chocolate?


What are you doing for gifts?

No comments:

Post a Comment