Monday, August 9, 2010

Baby Clothes

I have done so well with my resolution to not buy anything for our children until we received our referrals and knew about how big they are. Then my friend decided to have a garage sale. This particular friend has twin little girls, and the cutest dressed boy you ever saw. Talk about double trouble. Can you imagine the most adorable outfits ever, then double it and have two in different colors? That's what I am talking about. I guess I technically didn't break my resolution because she was wonderful and gave them all to me. What a blessing. I have a range of sizes from 6-9 months up to 2 years. I figure there is a good chance that they will fit somewhere in that spectrum. I brought them home and showed my hubby, who oohed and aahed over them almost as much as I did. Super fun to see him react like that.

Still no news about our referrals. I really do feel like my patience has gotten better waiting though. I think that I had to move through the stages of waiting. The first month I obsessively checked my email a million times a day. Even into the second month. The third month came and went. I have to admit I did deal with feelings of despair that it was never going to happen. And I occasionally feel that way now. However, I seem to be managing it much better. I am not sure what happened to make me change in my thinking. But, I am going to roll with it. It has to happen at some time (God willing), and when it does I will be ready. The kids are still very impatient. They keep saying the cutest things like, when I grow out of these shoes my brother can have them. And talking about how there will be 6 of us at the supper table. And how we won't be able to take the little car anywhere because we can't all fit in it together once they are home. They are very excited for their brother and sister to come home. They pretty much talk about them on and off throughout the day. Ava understands that it could be a very long time, but Owen is having a little more trouble with it. He doesn't understand why we just don't go over now and get them. When we traveled to Africa this past January he thought we were going to get them then. Cute, but so hard to explain to a three year old. Once they are home they will be two of the most loved kids ever. I can't wait to see how Ava and Owen love up on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment