Saturday, August 28, 2010

Serious Cleaning

Usually on Saturdays I like to have the no cleaning rule. I spend all week cleaning and picking up after the kids, so I don't want to do it on the weekend. However, both Chris and I got the oh-my-goodness-we-have-a-baby-we-need-to-clean-the-basement heeby jeebies. I know I have written about the sense of how overwhelming it is to make our basement all fixed up and pretty, and trying to figure out the best way to organize everything. Today I have to admit, I was impressed by all of the things we got done. You know how sometimes to do some serious cleaning you need to be in that mood? Today was the mother of all cleaning mood days.

Chris got a closet built, while I straightened and organized and threw things away. I am amazed at all of the things we own, but were never aware of it. We took two van loads of items to the goodwill. And I am sure we will find more as we progress. It feels awesome to get all of that stuff out of my house. Then we headed to get some of those big plastic totes to put all the things that we need in. They happened to have those ginormous ones on sale for $5. A big steal. The kicker was the only colors available were neon green, orange, pink and blue. I love it. Chris, not so much. But in the end, who cares what colors your plastic containers are?

We literally worked from about 9 this morning until 7:30 tonight. Hopefully we can maintain this cleaning streak and get it all taken care of soon. I will be so proud of ourselves. Then we will have to somehow convince the kids to not make messes. Or to clean up after themselves. Hmmm. This might be a problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment