Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Cleaning

Tonight is my first bead party for the non-profit Bead for Life. So yesterday, I spent almost all day cleaning. The kind of cleaning where you could then eat off the floor. Normally I would not go to such great lengths of that kind. However, the local priest saw my Ugandan bead fundraiser when a friend posted it on her facebook site. He then wondered if I would be willing to have it posted in their bulletin. I was super pumped. It is exciting to see a community get excited over something like this! Especially considering I do not attend that church, but he was willing to cross through denominations and post something in their bulletin. That I am excited about even more. Anyway, considering that I have the potential for complete strangers coming to my home, I thought perhaps I should up the anty. Of course, I can't remember the last time I mopped my floor with an actual mop and not the swiffer I normally use. The swiffer almost feels like cheating, because I don't think it gets it as clean as a regular mop. Well, I couldn't find the mop, and my swiffer cleaning juice was all gone. So I got a bucket and a rag and got down on my knees and mopped the kitchen AND the bathroom floor. Does anybody do that anymore? I didn't even clean my floor that well when we had our home study and I was certain that we would be denied for something that I overlooked! I woke up this morning with a fairly sore back. Apparently mopping=good workout. (Mopping like that is not for the faint of heart. You will see things on that floor that you would not imagine!) For the rest of today, I have to figure out what to do with my kids so they don't make the house a disaster. Normally I would put them outside, but the humidity is crazy here lately, and the mosquitoes will drive you bonkers. Usually they start to die down around this time of the year, but it has been so wet our grass hasn't even turned brown, so we grow fresh mosquito crops weekly. Good thing we have a couple of "Go Diego Go" movies. Even my daughter will watch them if that is the only choice. We haven't watched tv in 7 years, but the kids do get to watch movies. It is the perfect day for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment