Thursday, August 26, 2010

REFERRAL #1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has finally happened! We received a referral for a precious baby boy, yesterday August 25th, at about 2:45. I still cannot believe it. The kids and I were up visiting my brother's new baby girl. We stopped by my grandparents house about 2, and I decided to leave my phone in the car because "no one is going to call me at 2 on a wednesday afternoon." Wrong! When I got back in the car, I checked to see if anyone called. Something I usually don't remember to do. There was a message from our caseworker telling us to call her back. When she told us she had a son for us, I started crying. Of course, I wasn't able to reach my husband at work for almost an hour to let him know. It was one of the longest hours of my life.

We should be receiving a picture of him this week. Another long wait to see his face! Now I feel like I really need to kick it in gear and get ready. He was born in the opposite season as my son, so most of the little boy clothes we have will not work for him. I need to get bottles, pacifiers, diapers, oh my goodness! I need to plan! I need a list! I need to remember that I have done this before and if I take the time to stop and settle down, it will all come back to me!!

Funny, how just one day, you get a call out of the blue and it changes everything.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I have been following your blog and am so excited for you! I hope you hear about your baby girl soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations:) How exciting! I hope your second referral comes soon and you are able to travel to pick up your little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such awesome news!! I was blind sided when I got my referral so I totally understand

    ReplyDelete