Friday, August 27, 2010

Late last night we received our first picture of our baby boy! He was laying on a woman's lap, totally asleep, and we only got a profile picture. But even so, he is the cutest little boy we have seen! Our kids are loving him already. Ava said "He's adorable". Owen said "He's cute, but they need to take that blanket off of him!" Hopefully we will get a full picture of his face soon. Owen keeps saying, let's go get him. And I keep trying to explain how it all works, that it takes a lot of time to become his parents, but it just doesn't make sense to a 3 year old. And honestly, it is a lot to take in for adults! In the end, we tell him that Africa is really far away, and that it just takes a long time. He seems to sort of understand that, but keeps asking when he will come home about a million times a day.

Chris sent me an email this morning from work telling me to not forget to send him the picture of his baby boy. It was a very sweet moment for me, to see that in an email. So fun to see Chris emotionally attached. In the beginning, it was I who one day said "let's adopt from Africa". And Chris went huh? After some serious prayer, he was totally ready to adopt as well. Still, it is so sweet to see men melt when they see their children.

So, for now, we will wait for updates on our little boy, and continue to pray for a referral for our baby girl.

In the meantime, I have 8 million things to get ready. When we were up visiting my niece, my mom decided that it was time to put bunk beds in the one guest room they have. And it was time, poor Owen has been sleeping on the floor whenever we visited them. So, off to the store we went to get a bed. We got it all the way home, I unpacked all of the pieces and put them into piles according to their letter, when I realized that all of the hardware was missing. We called the store, and the repsonse was, are you sure? Um, yes. I am sure. So we had to repack all of the wooden pieces and lug the thing to the car and back to the store. They didn't have another one, so we had to go to a different store where we paid more, but all of the pieces were there.

Let me just say that it is not easy to build a set of bunk beds by yourself. I have to admit when I first took it out of the box I got that overwhelming feeling of who is going to put this together? And then I realized, oh yeah. That would be me. The grown up. I have blisters on my hand from the teeny little allen wrench that I had to use to assemble the thing. But, it is together, and looks very nice, if I do say so myself. The only bummer thing is, I have to do it again at my house, because we will need bunk beds for Ava and Owen to share until we can get the other bedroom built. At least I am the master bunk bed builder now. I should get it together in no time flat- provided all of the parts are there!

2 comments:

  1. I recently bought bunk beds for my son, and it was a pain just putting together one part (the other remains in storage)! So, I feel your pain.

    I'm so excited for your referral and hope everything goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. seeing a picture of your child is the best thing next to being able to hold him.

    ReplyDelete