Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Gross Things My Boys Did Last Week

Last week Chris got to go to Wyoming for some schmoozing related to work, so the kids and I decided to head up to my parents.  Because if you are going to single parent, it is much better to have others around you!

Aside from general crazy running around the farm, there are several moments that stand out for us.   The first was when Truitt decided to eat, not once, but twice, dried peacock poop.  I am hoping to high heaven that peacocks are germ free, and given the humongous chance they aren't, that anything in them was dried up by all of the hot days we have had.

The next great adventure was when the house was quiet and I had to go hunting for the kids, only to discover Truitt in the back hall drinking water from the dog bowl that he was so magnificently using as a cup.  My gag reflex is kicking in, I almost can't handle it.  He drank almost the entire bowl.  And then spent the rest of the week in the back hall trying to intimidate the pomeranian by growling at her.  Probably in the hopes that she would leave and he could have a free for all with the water bowl again.

And then there is Moyz.  Moyz decided to copy what the dogs were doing at a family reunion on Saturday.  After a brief rain, he noticed that the dogs were licking the cement to drink water, and so I turn around and there he is copying the basset hound and licking the pavement and thinking this was the best idea ever.  Plus, on the way in to town one day he decided to shove a bead up his nose.  Thankfully, he didn't get it up that far and so we were able to retrieve it.

And finally Owen.  His isn't so much gross as the thought that it could be gross.  I shot a rabbit that was in the garden eating everything, and when I told Owen, he was so proud of me.  But when I told him that we weren't going to eat it, he almost started crying.  For real people.  I think I am raising the future Davy Crockett's of America.




No comments:

Post a Comment