Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Adoption Dreams/Nightmares

Last night I had a dream about our kidlets. I don't do this very often, usually my dreams are whacked out and I have no idea how my subconcious comes up with this stuff. But yesterday I spent a lot of time looking into visas and all that jazz, and so it just sort of carried over at night.

Anyway, I had a dream that the consular wanted to see a picture of what the kids' bedroom was going to look like. So hubby and I drew up a really detailed plan of where everything was to scale. Well, it was not good enough for her. She emailed us back and said she wanted it done on Auto CAD, which for those in the engineering/drafting world know is a a drafting program. (Apparently hubby's job is slowly eeking into my life!)

I woke up in the middle of the night and for the life of me could not separate the dream from real life. I started panicking about how we were going to get their room done in this program and back to them so the kids could come home. Slowly I realized that I had been dreaming and eventually fell back to sleep, but it took a long time.


I guess this goes to show how desparately I am waiting for visa news- nothing yet, and I know it has only been about a week, so chances are good that we have a fair amount of waiting left. Hopefully I can hang in there and will have no more crazy dreams where I can't tell if they are real or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment