Thursday, June 9, 2011

Moving Forward?

Well we got an email from the embassy saying that they did, in fact, receive our new prints. So we should be good to go and moving forward with our kidlets. We have not gotten an update on how our daughter's appt. went, but we are hoping to hear today, and hoping that they don't tell us that our prints are still expired!

Yesterday I went to the Carter's outlet and picked up the most adorable little outfit along with a couple of rockin summer t-shirts for our son. When I showed them to the hubby, honest to goodness, he asked "won't we need more than that while we are there?" Somehow, he interpreted my 3 shirts and one pair of shorts that I had bought to be the extent of the clothes that we would be bringing for our son.

I have to admit that I laughed at him. And I suppose after 10 years of marriage that I can get away with that! He then admitted that he didn't know why in the world he would ever think that would be all we would bring.

Truthfully, we have no idea what all the stuff is going to look like! We don't have an accurate height or weight for our kids, only an age. They will both be almost one year old, but judging how big they may be from pictures has proven to be almost impossible. I think our plan is to bring both 12 month clothes and some 18 months. Our son looks big and our daughter on the small side, so we may bring some 9 months for her as well.

We have been getting some wonderful items from friends and hit up a couple of garage sales for various size clothing. We certainly don't have all those different sizes still floating around our house! It has been a long time since we have had such tiny people in our house and the clothes just seem so little!

We've also collected various size shoes in the event that they are walking (although we are not planning on that too much). We read the blog of a family who had already traveled, and there was another family with them who needed shoes for their daughter and went they went to try and purchase a pair, the store wanted something crazy like $50 for one pair, and $100 for another!

I still have a ton of sewing to do as far as their blankets for their beds and lovies. I am starting to feel like I need to kick it in gear in the event that their visas come back sooner than we are expecting, but I keep putting it off because I still have that slight fear that their visas will be denied.

I know, I need to get over it and think more positively!

No comments:

Post a Comment