Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Embassy document review

Today was our document review at the embassy. Basically my understanding is that they looked through everything to make sure we had all the paperwork necessary. And guess what? We didn't have copies of our passports.

Not exactly sure how that happened because I know for sure, without a doubt, we sent copies to our agency. Did the agency lose them, did they get literally lost in translation, did the embassy lose them?

The good news is, after much running around to get them out of the safety deposit and make color copies to email and fax, they will be emailed to our country coordinator and then brought to the embassy appts. No reason to panic. But I will admit, for just a slight moment, panic I did.

I am starting to have secret fantasies that the embassy will be really quick in issuing our visas and we just might be able to travel this month to go and get them. Mostly I am aware that this is almost 100% not going to happen, but it is fun to think about. And a little scary too. We haven't gotten a lot of stuff for the kids in the event that they for whatever reason did not come home. Once we have those visas we will kick it in high gear to get ready for them in time.

In the mean time, for whatever reason, the days have been going by quite quickly for me which I am grateful for. I am so anxious to see my beautiful babies and can hardly stand the wait anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment