Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Christmas Gift Ideas

I know, Thanksgiving is tomorrow and I should probably focus on the current holiday first, but I love Christmas time, the trees and decorations and all that fun stuff.  Plus the presents.  I know I should say that I love giving gifts, and I do, but truly, I like getting them more.  There.  I said it.

It's been awhile since I have done a round-up of cool things that I have found so I thought I would do that for present ideas.  Some DIY and some buy-because-you're-lazy/don't-have-time.

Also, for any family member reading this, you may or may not be receiving something from the list below.  It's up to you to continue on with reading!

1.  Rachel Ray "My Year In Meals"  $16.91 on Amazon

I love her recipes.  Never seen the show, but use her cookbooks all the time.  I am so excited to get this one in the mail.  Haven't seen one of her cookbooks that I haven't liked, and while yes, sometimes the recipes are quite familiar to others, it's always stuff that I never thought about.  

2.  Target Scarves  $14.99

Mossimo® Feather Scarf - Yellow    Mossimo® X's Scarf - Gray   Mossimo® Skull Scarf - Blue

I have the first two.  The yellow feather scarf actually stopped me in my tracks, that's how awesome it is.  The color is strange, more of a yellow/pea green, which I know doesn't make it sound appetizing, but it rocks.  Then I saw the second one and had to bring that home too.  The third is skulls.  I have an interesting relationship with skulls.  I love them, but sometimes people wear them in a way that I don't think is appropriate.  This, I think, is an acceptable way to put skulls into your wardrobe.

3.  DIY stamped friendship bracelets


These totally rock.  In fact, I want some for myself, but mostly I am thinking for my nieces and nephews.  You would have to buy all the stuff to do them, but Michael's and JoAnn's always have coupons in their ads.  

4.  The Zoo Calendar

Okay, so this picture is huge, but it is fabulous, and only $5 for the download.  Each month is printed out in color on cardstock.  I think these are gorgeous, and would make a great gift, especially for those who reside in an office during the day, something to look up and see on the wall.  How could you not smile?



5.  Freezer Meals


I know, how unglamorous could you possibly get?  But let me tell you, there isn't a busy mom in this world who wouldn't LOVE to get a few freezer meals.  When the babies got home, our friends and church gave us meals every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday of the week for the first three months we were home.  And it saved my life.  The freezer co-op that I am a part of rocks my world.  I heart so much the fact that when it is crazy and and I don't know what to fix for supper I can just pull a meal out of the freezer, and so will any person who gets this for a present.

6.  State Park Pass

Infographic_state park passes

I really like this idea a lot.  It's not something that families generally consider, but really forces people to get out and use their pass and explore our awesome planet.  One state pass allows you to go to every park in that state.  I think for MN it's like $25 for an annual pass.

7.  Magazines

I have a slight magazine problem.  But everyone I know gets a magazine or two, sometimes 14 different ones (no names but it rhymes with mess!), per month.  My all time favorite one to give is National Geographic.  Watch Amazon closely because you can get it for as little as $15 per year. 

8.  Leatherman Wave Tool   $62 on Amazon

I have this in mind more for a man gift, but I actually own this and Chris has multi-tool envy.  This puppy has a crazy number of gadgets on it, including screwdrivers, knife, saw and scissors, plus tons more.  I carry it on me all the time in my purse, cause you never know when you might need it.  And at some point, you will need it.

9.  Survive: Essential Skills And Tactics To Get You Out Of Anywhere Alive  $13.59 on Amazon


Another man gift.  This is actually a very useful book.  Not only does it tell you what to have in your car, home, etc. for emergencies, it also tells you how to survive pretty much anywhere in any given circumstance. Your man will feel much better about himself and ability to keep you safe after he has read it.  I am not joking.  I felt better about my ability to take care of my family in the need of an emergency.  I seriously recommend this book for pretty much everyone, not just for a man gift like I said at the beginning.  

10.  DIY Barbecue Rub  


Big Batch Barbeque & Mediterranean Herb Rubs

Appeal to your man's inner desire to grill up a chunk of meat.  Will definitely be giving this one from Real Simple Magazine a whirl.


So there you have it.  A few ideas for this holiday season.  Hope something inspired you!


No comments:

Post a Comment