Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013

Normally I don't do resolutions.  I have this tendency to not follow through with them.  And it is so embarrassing to publicly state that you will do such and such and then fall flat on your face by February 1st.

But this year, I really want to do something.  I want to journal my life.  (From this day forward, not everything I have already done, although that would be cool, but would take a long time and probably turn me off permanently from journaling.)  I have never done this, but I was thinking about all of the traveling I have done and how I already can't remember very much of it, and thus decided that if I journal my life, then when I am old and senile and cannot remember anything, I can read it or have it read to me and think back fondly on all the things I did during my life.

So there it is.  My public statement of journaling most nights in the year 2013 and hopefully forever more.

Aaannd if I am honest with myself I would also add to that: lose weight, cook better (using my 3 awesome new cookbooks), travel more, be a better wife, be a better spouse, be better in terms of doing things better for the earth, learning one new thing per month and the list could probably go on and on for awhile.  So I will stop there.

Seriously though, I do want to do the journal thing.  One day I know I will appreciate it more then the pain it is to write in it every night.

What are you going to do in 2013?

No comments:

Post a Comment