Thursday, July 25, 2013

Do to the Vay

While I continue on my no buying summer, I have been spending a lot of time online looking at things for the house.

I will be shortly painting my bedroom white, (I hopefully have enough paint already that I won't have to buy more or wait until september to finish to avoid buying anything not necessary).  And my duvet cover is white and I really, really want to notch it up a bit in color.  And since duvets are nothing but straight lines, I can easily sew one up.  And then I will cheat and sew in velcro and not buttonholes to close it because I am lazy and impatient and don't want to take the time to learn how to do them.

So I headed over to fabric.com to peruse their endless possibilities, and I came across these three.  Two of them are the same fabric just a different color scheme.

Lucky Penny Mural Noon

Lucky Penny Mural Night

Swavelle Mill Creek Merrimack Passion Black

I love, love the quirkiness of them.  The only problem is I can't figure out which one I really want.  Probably I will just order all three since fabric.com has an awesome return policy- you can return for free, no questions asked.  Then I can lay them out on my bed and play with ideas.  Or maybe I'll get all crazy and do one pattern on one side and then a different one on another....

What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I love the first one! I need to learn how to sew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're all so great! I think my vote is with either of the first two, though. Such a good idea to sew your own duvet cover!

    ReplyDelete